Monday, August 25, 2008

daddy won the gold!!!!

I know, I know.......I always take forever to post something. I feel like I have blog moments but they dont always translate into a typing moment for me. This last week was a blurr. Ed has been in a START workshop for his MBA program which concluded last night at Joe T Garcias for dinner and awards. I want to do a pix but as usual that will have to wait for another day. They split into groups for a final project that was "graded" by the 2nd year students. So Ed's group did a car/ vanpool concept. I was like.....(you know me) how boring!!! Do something cool. lol Another group did a morbid idea that was still very interesting. Their idea was an alternative to cremation. Anyway, as morbid as it was it was still very interesting. So the did a medal ceremony and gave out gold, silver and bronze. So when Ed's group didnt win bronze or silver I was like....oh well, Ed's group is out. Waaaaaaayyyyyyy to boring of an idea to win. So they announced the winner and they started to describe the benefits of the winning team project and it sounded a lot like what Ed had done. I was like...NO WAY!!!!! And of course it was so Ed has his first gold medal in grad school. We are so proud of daddy. Several people came up to Ed and said that he was the glue that won that whole deal. Yeah my head is swelling again. I not only married a hunky guy, he's a stinkin genius!!!

Also this week we got to meet our newest Guidry in the family. Esther Kenna, she is beautiful. Adorable and tiny. Uncle Bill and aunt Mandy are so cute!! We didnt get to spend much time with them but the time we did see them was fun.

Zach is starting to wave at people and is just growing like crazy. The blessing of him growing so fast is that Zach and Ethan may be in the same size clothing by the end of summer. Unless Ethan hits a growth spurt and Zach slows down. Ethan is growing like a normal kiddo its Zach that must be getting into the miracle grow. He hasnt nursed in over 2 months so its not my fault anymore.

Lexie is such a sweetie!!! She is a big time momma's girl. She's prissy at times and rough and tumble with her brothers too. She's the total package. LOL

And Ethan, he is such a good kid. He amazes me with things that I didnt even know that he knew. He has an amazing memory. Its creepy at times when he talks freely about things that I think he should be too young to remember. He remembers everything. He is currently into trains and tonka type work trucks. Our neighbor gave us one of those plastic lil tikes car beds for Ethan. We dont need it really but I had the idea to make a sand box out of it. So that will be our next project. We need something to play with all of our work trucks in. They really need to haul the muck as he would say.

Anyway, I'll try to be better soon. Pray for us please as this new journey should be interesting.

4 comments:

Jules said...

Of course he did. We wouldn't expect anything less from Ed. :) It sounds like it is going to be a fun yet scary experience having him in school full-time. I would love some pics of the kids emailed. I saw Lexie on your blog and she is GORGEOUS! The kids still talk about Ethan and still tell us that "Val Rocks".

Becky said...

Hey Val! Your not stalking, visit anytime. It's so nice to see long distance friends and what they're up to. I always hear updates from Jessie but your own words and pictures are way better. Thanks for the prayers, we need every one of them.

Amy Pennington said...

hey girl...great to talk to you today! Glad dad brought home the gold. I would expect nothing less from your uber intelligent hubby! Ethan will so be the same way huh!

your flair turned out cute too!

FuquaFamily said...

Hi Val, Ed, Ethan, Lexie, & Zach! We love visit your blog. Maybe one of these days I will get adventurous enough to start one for our family. Great news for Ed on his gold. It sounds like he is off to a great start. I hope he gave you his gold medal in honor of your willingness to support him while he is a bum and goes back to school!