Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Halloween


This has taken a long time to post for reasons that I shouldnt make public. LOL ;) Our kiddos love Halloween I think more than Christmas. We have started a tradition of driving at bedtime for about 30 to 45 mins 3 to 4 times a week to see all the fun decorations. We do Halloween and Christmas. So the season of driving at night is not over yet. The funny thing is that some of the people go all out and really do some fun stuff but unless they have an inflatable......well, my kids arent even a little interested. I'll say isnt that cool, look at.....and before I get it out of my mouth Ethan has stated the obvious that they dont have a blowup so we must move on!! He is so funny.




Our ward(church group) had an excellent party for Halloween. We had it in a 300 year old barn that was shipped here from NY somewhere. It was beautiful. Typical Colleyville. lol Although in my years growing up in the Oklahoma countryside I had never seen a barn this beautiful. Not really sure how functional it was as a barn 300 years ago. Maybe it was restored, I dunno. Anyway, it was gorgeous!! Ed was a chili cook off judge. He was the cutest and best judge there!! Of course. The kiddos loved the whole night. Ethan dressed as an oompa loompa, he is obsessed with the original willy wonka. Lexie wanted to be a ballaweeena. I love the way she says it. And Zach was Charlie Brown. Zach has such a cute round face so Charlie Brown was perfect for him. We used the same costumes for trick or treating too. I worked forever on Ethans oompa loompa costume.

~~~~~~~~~~~~oompa loompa's would be jealous if they saw him~~~~~~~~~~~



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ such a cute balleweeeeena!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Also while trick or treating we ran into 2 of our fave sitters!! So we hadda get a pix!! They are so sweet and the kiddos love em!!





I'm not sure who spider man is but i love that he stopped to get a pix with strangers. Anyhow it was a fabulous week of Halloween fall activities. The fall's here are so fabulous by the way, it almost makes it worth it to endure the hot summers.;)

5 comments:

Jules said...

Seriously, the Oompa Loompa costume as well as Spidey jumping in the pic is hilarious!!! Lexie is a beautiful ballaweena and Zach is adorable as Charlie.. I remember when Ethan was Charlie Brown. sniffle sniffle.. they are growing up so fast!

Thanks for posting even though you were busy busy busy! It was worth the wait. :)

Amy Pennington said...

Oh my word...I have no idea why your lil oompa loompa didn't win the costume contest...he was fabulous! Your kids are so precious! Lexi is so gorgeous! and girl might I add that you are one creative momma!

monkie mama said...

Those guys are aDORable! What a creative oompa-loompa costume! That cracks me up that Lexi has her hand on Charlie Brown's head - what a Lucy thing to do (she was always pushing on Linus's head to make sure he didn't get taller than her). Looks like a lot of fun!

Terina Dee said...

AIdan is so jealous of the ooompa costume.

AND so is Ian! It's the tights. He still wears his pair as cuddleduds.

Lauren said...

Oh my goodness! Val! That is the cutest oompa loompa I have ever seen! How creative are you? Seriously...CUTE! All your kids are adorable!