Wednesday, September 17, 2008

AAAaaaaahhhhh!!!

So, today I was reading while having lunch. Just minding my own beeswax reading in Eclipse about the werewolves meeting with the Cullen's in the clearing to prepare for the fight of the newbie vamps. So one could say that it was a kind of intense moment in the book. My kiddos had already had lunch and were off in their rooms dumping out the Ikea bins of toys that are in there so it was relatively quiet. So in the book its in the middle of the night and this intense moment is about to happen so my heart is all racing and all(yeah I know I need to get out more!!) when I hear......Val, ever so faintly. I think that I'm imagining it and I look back at the book when again......Val... a little louder. So I jump outa my chair and start looking around. I'll let you know now that I had been washing bottles so my shirt was wet and I took it off and didnt grab a new one so I was in my undergarments/ bra and my cozy pants with a slammin cute side pony tail. Oh yeah I stillllllll love that!!! That was the only way to wear your hair til the big bang hit the scene. Then you could combine the two when the occasion arised. Anyhow, so picture me looking around like CRAP!!!! Is someone here and if they have a camera I wiiiilllll break it!!! LOL Then there it is again. VAL!! Well, now I have to admit that I keep my cel phone in my bra when I'm at home because if I didnt I would soooo lose it. So I pull out my phone because if someone's here I may need to throw something at them I guess and I see that the light is on, on the phone. So I put it up to my ear and guess what. Its Amy!!! I hadnt locked my keys on the phone and she was the last person I had called so there ya go. It wasnt a vampire or a werewolf. It was my homegirl Amy!! And thankgoodness, I dont think my heart or my crazy hormone life lately coulda taken the humiliation of someone seeing my like that. Although the hair was slammin!! I still dig the side pony!! Oh and the books are way fun!! Any book where the resident hottie is named Edward......I'm in!!!!

5 comments:

Jules said...

Oh my gosh that is HYSTERICAL!!! If it'd been me I would've been sad I wasn't wearing Depends.

monkie mama said...

Hey girl! Thanks for the shout out on my blog (sorry it took me like a Decade to finally check the thing). This site is too cute and I love being able to check up on your monkeys! They're too adorable!

By the way, I say where are the paparazzi when we need them! Post pics of the side pony tail will ya! I'd have never guessed to check the ol' bra for mysterious voices . . . Go figure!

Amy Pennington said...

girl I loved hearing the story from your point of view..cause on my side I just kept getting phone calls from you with no answer so of course my loud mouth comes in handy sometimes. what a great story teller you are...oh and you are one of the lucky few with a hunky edward of your own! I won't be jealous I promise

Sabeys said...

Hey, this was hilarious. I'm still trying to get over being tazered when I'm driving with the cell on silent in the front pocket of the jeans.

P.S. I know how you feel, Might I remind you I am married to Mr. Darcey?

Lisa said...

Val are you telling me your boobs answered the phone?