Thursday, September 11, 2008

Wal Mart Parenting



Why is it that when you are out with the kiddos that the only time you see someone that you know is when the kids are doing some obnoxious thing. We were at target(my home away from home) a few days ago and we had done well. The kids were really good and the whole experience was good so we went to checkout. As we are checking out we are in the "target hates all parents" zone. You know, all the candy and chips and small toys and flashlights ect that gets little fingers going. I am usually prepared by that point either with the next destination in mind or lunch or something good but this time Ed was with me. Well that threw off my game. So I am scrambling to keep little fingers from filling with candy and junk and trying to keep Lexie from putting stuff down her shirt when I hear a "hi" from in front of us. There is the doctor that pulled my wisdom teeth( we also go to church with him) and his perfectly behaved kids standing there. Well when I looked up Lexie saw the opening and jumped into the checkout stand next to us and began deconstructing the whole place as fast as possible all the while my face is changing 15 shades of red and I'm trying not to be the angry mom. We had such a good shopping experience and in about 3 seconds we were "those people" who were walmart parenting right in front of someone we knew. Of course!!! I could probably get the walmart parenting award of the year there!! I didnt yell by the way but I'm sure the look on my face spoke volumes.





School is going good so far for Ed. The Marketing assoc is paying for his trip to Chicago all except for $100 so shazam.....he's in like flynn!!! He is pretty excited about all the things he has going on. It will be nice to see where this whole "adventure" will lead us.









Here's a pix of Ethan on his and Lexie's birthday lunch with daddy.


And here they are with jaws at Bass Pro.

Lexie is so funny, she does this crazy smile now when we are trying to take a pix. She's a fun girl even at Target. Okay, I'm going to try to post this and see if it works. Ames, this is all by myself.........you should be so proud. ( if it works) ;)

6 comments:

FuquaFamily said...

I hear ya sister! I think the twins and I are why the phrase "walmart parenting" exists! I really do try at all costs to avoid taking them with me, even if it means going at midnite, but sometimes it's unavoidable.

Amy Pennington said...

yeah you are doing so good. I love your target story! kids are always an adventure!

Murph said...

If you leash them to your cart OR better yet, tie their hands to their sides, they can't grab the stuff! he he he.

Jules said...

Wal-Mart parenting! You crack me up. Even Rick laughed at that and that's quite a feat. BTW I've definitely been there with Sydney and Spencer-- okay mostly Spencer.

Ethan's cotton candy face is too funny! He looks like he's loving every minute of it.

Lisa said...

We call that the "Picture Smile". so very cute!

I am the queen of Walmart parenting. Devyn and Caleb go crazy in the store and I lose it every time!

Sabeys said...

Ethan looks like he's a blue man crew. It only gets worse. Pam O says she remembers girls hiding under the clothes racks and changing the arms and legs on the manequins before she found them.